top of page


7. Grievance Policy

Individuals can talk to staff any time they are unhappy with their services, and Home Is Where the Heart Is will try to improve the issue.  Home Is Where the Heart Is staff will help the individual contact their guardian, substitute decision maker, or their support coordinator if needed. 


If things still aren’t okay, individuals or guardians can file a verbal or written grievance, which is a formal way of telling Home Is Where the Heart Is that you are unhappy about something and asking for someone to help you with it. Grievances should be submitted to Rozetta Brackett at or by telephone at (804)625-1435.  Home Is Where the Heart Is will respond to a formal grievance within 10 days. If the issue cannot be fixed, a team meeting will be called for additional help in strategizing potential solutions.

bottom of page